I work with some amazing people

This is one of those things that would be much better said than read, but I am going to attempt it anyway. If you have read this blog before or had an extended conversation with myself or my wife you know we are people of great faith; a Christian household with a capital C. I know many of you read this blog because you want to check on our little warrior, not read my personal affirmations. I understand and respect that. I made the statement about being people of faith for this reason. Our belief system convinces us that everything happens for a reason, there are no coincidences.

Six years ago I was laid-off from a large corporation. I enjoyed my time there, the salary, the facilities, the resources; it was a really good situation. However, it was not a long term part of God’s plan for my life and ultimately for my family’s life. After six months of unemployment KRA Corp hired me to work in the American Job Center, this past spring I took a new role with Career Team LLC. I can say with full confidence the support, encouragement and love that I have received from my two most recent employers would have never happened at a large institution or most anyplace else for that matter. My family and I have received kindness, support, well wishes and genuine concern during some of our darkest times whilst in the employ of these two great organizations. KRA set a powerful precedence during Ella’s first prolonged ICU stay two and half years ago and Career Team has done nothing but carry that standard upward and forward. Thank you to my friends and “family” at CWP, KRA and Career Team. I am one of the fortunate handful of people in the world that loves my job AND my employer. Career Team is a great company that employs great people. I have worked for Career Team less than a year, but in that short amount of time I have been made to feel like an important and valuable member of the team. Thank you Chris for being a man of your word.

We would be remiss if we did not also recognize the flexibility and encouragement Rachel has received from MHIS and the City of Hartford. It would be very easy for our employers to take a less flexible stance. That has not been our experience, in fact the opposite has been true. Organizations going out of their way and people sacrificing themselves and their workloads to support and hold us up.
There are days when we think about how different things could be if we were on a different path. Those moments are short lived. I am so grateful to God for placing us on this path. I cannot adequately put into words what everyone’s kindness, compassion and love has meant to us. From the very bottom of our hearts and with all the grace Christ has given us – THANK YOU, EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU. Thank you for watching DJ so that we don’t have to bring him with us to the hospital and risk him getting another infection. Thank you for checking on Grandmabuela and keeping her company. Thank you cooking for us. Thank you for being willing to clean our home so that we can focus our strength on Ella’s care. Thank you for stopping by to say hi and let us know that we are on your minds. Thank you for every text, every e-mail, and every note on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. Thank you making things for my Ella, and buying things for my Ella, and most of all…THANK YOU EVERY SINGLE PRAYER YOU HAVE UTTERED ON OUR BEHALF. Thank you, thank you, thank you. We are the living evidence that PRAYER WORKS, never, ever, ever doubt it. We Love You.
WE ARE ALL MORE THAN CONQUERORS






No comments:

Post a Comment