Tuesday January 15, 2013

The momentum continues, Ariella had another really good night, good sleep with not too many disturbances. However, once again her x-ray this morning was not very good, she continues to be very blocked up in her right lung to the point of collapse. As we considered the options before us we decided on the least invasive method and moved forward with the bi-pap. As you may recall from previous entries, bi-pap is a type of respiratory treatment that forces air into her lungs along with some added pressure when she exhales. This treatment is a lot like the cepap that she has been on all week. Some of the differences are that the bi-pap allows us to increase and decrease the amount of pressure the baby is receiving much more quickly and precisely. We can also help the baby breath if she starts to go into respiratory distress. The bi-pap is also portable, which gives us lots of other options. While it is too early to tell whether or not this technique will help to pop open Ella's lung and push out the secretions, early indications are that she is tolerating the treatment quite well.

2 comments:

  1. Last night my daughter and I said a prayer for your baby. We asked God to give her the STRENGTH from her little toes up to pull through this. She is so beautiful!!!! We will continue to pray and this will be her testimony of STRENGTH and FAITH.

    GOD BLESS
    Keisha Ramos and Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Charles and Rachel,
    I want you both to know that I have been continuously praying for your beautiful baby girl. I pray that God lays his healing hands on her and I pray for strength for the both of you. I have faith in God’s word and I believe in the power of prayer, so my family and I will continue to be prayer warriors for you all.

    Nichole Jacone and Family

    ReplyDelete